Ketton Quarry in Rutland is one of the largest cement works in the UK and is located in an area rich in wildlife.
Ecology Services UK Ltd, with our partner Alder Ecology UK Ltd, is providing a full range of ecological services to Hanson Cement.
This is a very large, ongoing project including:
- Surveys and mapping of habitats and species on site
- Producing a detailed ecological management plan for the quarry and the wider estate
- Securing of European Protected Species Licences
- Providing advice and training for site staff
- The management and monitoring of two Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI)
The ecological work has enabled normal operations to continue on site without time lost for surveys or while awaiting license provision.
All work has been completed on time and within agreed fixed budgets.